Volunteers are vital to the success of the many art programs and events at Downtown Art Place.
Volunteering is a great way to meet other members of the art community and to enhance your cultural life. The following are just a few of the ways to get involved as a DAP volunteer.
Exhibitions and Event Volunteers
• Volunteer to help our artists during after school and summer art programs
• Volunteer in the Downtown Art Place Gallery & Gift shop (summer or winter months)
• Maintain temporary gallery hours during exhibitions or during evening theatre events
• Installation of exhibition (arranging walls, hanging artwork, site preparation, etc...)
• Photographing the event
• Volunteer support staff during events (taking tickets at the door, taking art sales orders, etc...)
• Office Assistance
• Ongoing research and grant projects
• Hands-on experience with arts and non-profit administration
Event and Program Committee Volunteers
• Experienced DAP volunteers are often placed on specific planning committees.
• Help us plan, organize, publicize and recruit volunteers for annual events, exhibits, classes and programs.
• *Goals* raise funds, encouraging and involving young artists, recruiting new art audiences, and raise visibility for the art and artists in the community.
Volunteers are our most valuable resource!
Inspire • Visualize • Create